2 Ingredient Brownies-3

2 Ingredient Brownies {gluten free}

August 1, 2016 | 27 comments

In case anyone needs clarification, I eat a TON of chocolate.

This rare disease of mine appears most severely during the month of May when AP exams and finals come up but we can’t forget to mention science fair season and most importantly, school starting season. In fact, school is starting in less than two weeks (lucky frenchies don’t start until September…) and I have been consuming an ungodly amount of chocolate. I have gone through 2 bags of chocolate chips and probably around 2 lb of dark chocolate.

2 Ingredient Brownies-8

2 Ingredient Brownies-2

2 Ingredient Brownies-2-2

Although, I guess some of that could be attributed to the hoard of little chocolate monsters that came every other day, the fact that I made a ton of chocolate cake (which inherently, I ate…), and the regular occurrence of testing these unabashedly easy brownies. All those events occurred with some degree of regularity but the third, more than the others. Newsflash: These brownies have a HUGE problem and that is they are too stinking easy to make.

It literately takes less than 7 minutes to melt chocolate, crack an egg, whisk, and stick it into the oven.

So theoretically speaking, you could manage to whip up 8-9 batches of these wonderful, fudgy, chewy brownies in one hour, no problem. And why the heck not? They taste amazing -like you put 1/4 lb of butter and spent 1 hr spewing flour all over your kitchen. Except you didn’t do any of that. All you did was melt some chocolate, whip in an egg, and pour it into a pan. And preheated an oven and set a timer.

These brownies are absolutely no help to my chocolate addiction -edged crispy and brown, pools of liquid chocolate, shiny with a paper thin crust, and gifted with the perfect combination of chewy and fudgy.

2 Ingredient Brownies-7

2 Ingredient Brownies-5

2 Ingredient Brownies-1-2

2 Ingredient Brownies-4

2 Ingredient Brownies

2 Ingredient Brownies

1/2 cup chocolate, melted
1 egg
chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat the oven to 375 F.

Prepare 2 cups in a cupcake mold by greasing with butter or oil.

Whisk the chocolate and egg together for 5 minutes. Pour into the prepared cups. Sprinkle with more chocolate chips if desired.

Bake for 20-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. However, they're also great molten.

1. Hira on

August 1, 2016 at 8:36 pm says

This is the easiest brownie recipe I’ve ever seen, which might be a bad thing because now I have an excuse to make brownies… all the time! And I’m glad I’m not the only one who eats a TON of chocolate! Also, I can’t believe school is starting so soon, where did summer go? :)

August 2, 2016 at 8:36 am says

yep, I know right? I mean now I can have a brownie in 40-ish minutes (and do homework in the 30 minutes of waiting) SO DANGEROUS. Hhahaaa I know right? Not ready for junior year AT ALL.

2. Angela on

August 2, 2016 at 2:24 am says

How big of a container do these fill? Should I double the recipe if I wanted to fill say, a cake tin? Thanks.

August 2, 2016 at 8:41 am says

I doubled the recipe and it fit nicely into a baking tin of 7in by 5in. If you wanted to fill a 6in cake tin, doubling would probably be the best way to go but if you’re using say, an 8in cake tin, I would probably triple the recipe. If you’re using a square cake tin 8 by 8, I would also triple the recipe. The recipe is pretty flexible so if you don’t think you made enough batter just crack another egg and melt a few chocolate chips πŸ˜‰
      Hope that helps!

3. Frances on

August 3, 2016 at 2:54 pm says

How awesome and chocolatey does this brownie look? Best of all it will only be as sweet as the chocolate you choose to use which is perfect for me because I can’t handle sugar (gives me headaches). Love your blog!

August 4, 2016 at 12:16 pm says

Hhahaa thank you so much Frances! And I know -too much sugar is the worst!

August 4, 2016 at 12:16 pm says

I know right?! πŸ˜€

4. mymansbelly on

August 3, 2016 at 4:58 pm says

Great…just what I need a ridiculously easy brownie recipe. πŸ˜‰

August 4, 2016 at 12:17 pm says

Same…:P

5. Dina on

August 3, 2016 at 7:06 pm says

Anne, beautiful images. I think I suffer from the same chocolate affliction. We have gluten free guests over this weekend, will make this recipe. Thanks for posting.

August 4, 2016 at 12:17 pm says

Thank you for commenting! They don’t even taste gluten free πŸ˜›

6. David @ Spiced on

August 4, 2016 at 7:04 am says

Say what? 2 ingredients and I can end up brownies that look this good? And without any flour handprints on the back of my pants? Yes please! I can see why the chocolate disease strikes when you’ve got tasty treats like this lurking around!

August 4, 2016 at 12:18 pm says

Hahhaa I have the exact same problem with flour handprints : Thank you David! πŸ˜€

7. Mona on

August 4, 2016 at 11:59 am says

2 ingredients brownies – REALLY?!?! Sounds amazing and they look just like regular brownies. Can’t wait to try this.

August 4, 2016 at 12:19 pm says

Yes you definitely should! They are so so easy and nobody could tell any difference between these and other brownies! πŸ˜€

8. Kevin | Keviniscooking on

August 5, 2016 at 12:45 am says

Could this be any easier? Holy heck, this sounds perfect for a little late night snacky. :)

9. Annemarie @ justalittlebitofbacon on

August 5, 2016 at 10:27 am says

Well, you couldn’t get any more chocolate into these than you did! They are the perfect answer to a chocolate addiction. :)

10. max on

August 5, 2016 at 12:37 pm says

It looks so delicious.I would love to try this recipe at home with the help of your blog. Thanks

11. Megan @Meg is Well on

August 5, 2016 at 12:41 pm says

Wow. 2 ingredients. Dangerous for all us chocolate addicts out there. It’s too easy! They look perfect too!

12. Johanna Xue on

August 7, 2016 at 4:23 pm says

I can’t believe these are two ingredient brownies! They look soo yummy…

August 8, 2016 at 1:52 am says

Anne, these brownies look incredible! I love how easy they are to make too – amazing! Seriously drool-worthy!

Do you mind sharing what type of chocolate you use to make these? I usually have Trader Joe’s 72% dark chocolate on hand, but I wonder if it would be sweet enough for a brownie recipe like this, which doesn’t call for any extra sugar. Thanks!! :)

14. Hema on

August 8, 2016 at 11:47 am says

The brownies look just too good, and with only just 2 ingredients, WOW..

15. Mindy on

August 12, 2016 at 2:08 am says

Oh my, I need to make these right now!

16. Emily | Rainbow Delicious on

August 15, 2016 at 12:16 pm says

These look amazing!! Forwarding this recipe to share with my gluten free sister ASAP! Thanks, Anne!

17. Spirited Morgan @ Spirited and Then Some on

September 9, 2016 at 2:46 pm says

Anne, omigosh, these look amazing! I am both excited and worried about finding this recipe, because I will be eating these all the days now!!! :)

18. nisha @ honey what's cooking on

September 11, 2016 at 6:25 am says

This looks great.. I thought the 2 ingredients would be chocolate and coconut oil, but it’s egg. I tried! :-))