Single Lady Snickerdoodle-11

Single Lady Snickerdoodle {vegan}

November 1, 2015 | 18 comments

Dear Thesaurus,

I love you. I truly adore you. But do you know what would make me adore you even more? If you didn’t say bad is a synonym for good, and break down is a synonym for breaking down.
In case you were wondering, the first pair is something called an antynom okay? The latter is called different verb tenses.
We didn’t learn that stuff in English class by the way. So you can’t use I never took english class as an excuse.

-Anne

Single Lady Snickerdoodle

Dear Blog Readers,

Thanks for sticking around + commenting even though I spend 50.9999999% of the time complaining about how much stuff I have to do.

-Anne

Single Lady Snickerdoodle-2

Dear Anne,

Take break a little more seriously, please. Fall break has the word break in it for goodness sakes! All you’ve been doing the past 3 days of this so called break is homework. Please, no excuses. This happened last year too.

-Anne

Single Lady Snickerdoodle-12

Dear Friend that I take for granted,

Do you remember all the Halloween nights that we ran outside in the bitter cold to knock on strangers doors to beg for candy? We would trick or treat then trade candy. I remember you never liked the bounty’s -a good thing too for they were one of my favorites. You always recieved my hard candy because there, we’re opposites too.

As I sit here typing this, I am reminded of those snickerdoodles that we would always make for basically everything. Every time we baked together it would be the same snickerdoodles for so long. Maybe that’s why I never baked them on my own for 4 some years -because I knew they wouldn’t taste the same.
Guess what? I baked them again and I was right. They didn’t taste the same.
Ours were always soft because you insisted on taking them out early. They were puffy, doughy, and perfect. They had little cinnamon swirls. Mine are crispy and brown.
I couldn’t help it -I tried again. This time, it was a cookie for one, in a deep dish. It wasn’t the same. Goewy, sprinkled with lots of cinnamon, but still not the same. I think it’s because you always held me back from making irrational changes to recipes. Getting rid of half of the sugar, adding too much flour, that was all me. I’m sorry okay? I’m terrible at making cookies.

-Anne

Single Lady Snickerdoodle-7

// You can sub coconut oil for the butter to make this vegan.
// Don’t over bake this or else you’ll have a sandy cookie.

Single Lady Snickerdoodle
2 tbsp butter
1 tbsp brown sugar
3-4 tbsp flour
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp sugar
pinch of salt

Preheat the oven to 375 F.

In a small baking dish, place the butter and brown sugar together. Place it in the oven until the butter is melted. Take the dish out and mix in the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and half of the cinnamon.

Using your fingers, press the dough down into a smooth layer on the bottom of the dish. Sprinkle on the rest of the cinnamon, the sugar, and the salt.

Bake for 10-14 minutes until puffy, soft, and slightly golden.

November 8, 2015 at 11:14 pm says

Hahaha me too! 😉

1. Ruby on

November 1, 2015 at 9:43 pm says

I can honestly say I have never eaten a snickerdoodle but it is officially my new favourite word. Gorgeous posting x

November 8, 2015 at 11:15 pm says

You must be kidding! Please tell me you’re kidding. You absolutely must try it, it’s basically the BEST COOKIE EVER.

2. Josefine on

November 2, 2015 at 12:42 am says

Love the way this post is written! You are so creative :) And the snickerdoodle is just perfect

November 8, 2015 at 11:16 pm says

Thank you so much Josefine! It means a lot coming from you -the girl who invented avocado cookies! 😀

November 8, 2015 at 11:16 pm says

Thank you Marsha! 😀

3. Mae on

November 2, 2015 at 8:09 am says

Hi,
    About the note to “Thesaurus” — I recommend that you read Language Log which deals with the many ways that our language and others change, and how there’s nothing you can do about it because it’s a natural characteristic of languages and always has been. They also write about a lot of “peeves” about language — things that bother people when others say them or write them.

Your recipe sounds really neat… especially as it could be made in a counter-top oven, no need to waste the heat of a big oven.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

November 8, 2015 at 11:17 pm says

yeah there’s a lot of quirky things about languages 😐
      Thanks Mae!!! 😀

4. Amanda on

November 2, 2015 at 11:31 am says

Wow, don’t snickerdoodles equal childhood? It seems like they were everywhere when I was a kid. This looks so good, and I love the way it’s in its own little ramekin. Classy and delicious snickerdoodle! Awesome.

November 8, 2015 at 11:18 pm says

Yesss they sure do! They’re not around that much anymore… *sniffle*

November 8, 2015 at 11:18 pm says

I know right? Thanks Kathy!

5. Christine @ Cooking with Cakes on

November 5, 2015 at 11:32 am says

absolutely ADORE this recipe Anne, we all need single lady recipes sometimes!! snicker doodles are on of my fav cookies, but making it vegan? for. the. WIN!!! sista!!! so pinned :)

November 8, 2015 at 11:20 pm says

I’m so glad we agree 😉 Thanks for pinning Christine!!!

6. Sprinkles of Sweetness on

November 7, 2015 at 8:24 pm says

This post was so cute, haha! And your already on break? I have to wait for another two weeks (*cries on the inside*). Also the snicker doodle looks delicious! :)

November 8, 2015 at 11:21 pm says

Well, you see we have fall break, then thanksgiving break, then HOLIDAYS so I guess, yes we’re on break, but yes, we also have another 2 1/2 weeks to go 😛