Search

Popsicles-6

Apple Nectarine Popsicles

July 19, 2015 | 12 comments

I am one of those people that believe peaches and nectarines should be kept strictly separate. I’ve always considered the nectarine to be an abomination to its fuzzy, juicy cousin even though the only difference is a mutation of the fuzzy gene. πŸ˜€

So why are these made with nectarines? Simple. We only had nectarines in the house and I can’t drive yet. Plus, it’s sooooo hot outside so I’m staying inside like a hermit.

Popsicles-5

Popsicles-3

Popsicles-4

Pro tip: apples + nectarines do not make a pleasant color -as you can probably tell from these pictures. Oh and also hot days are not ideal for photographing things that melllltttttt.

Popsicles

Anyways, these popsicles taste like apple and nectarines (duh) but are also laced with cinnamon which makes it taste like autumn in july (although, I did see some christmas decorations at Hobby Lobby the other day so maybe I’m not actually that out of season :D). Oh these are also so very refreshing and since they’re mostly composed of fruit, I can eat all of them right?

// You can use peaches or nectarines.
// It’s not necessary to strain the pureed fruit, but I did it for the sake of photography reasons. It does result in a smoother popsicle though πŸ˜€
// If your apple wasn’t hugggeee, I suggest you use two. Mine was nearly the size of a personal watermelon (an exaggeration, but you get the idea). I think it received too much fertilizer.

Apple Nectarine Popsicles
4 nectarines, cored
1 big apple, cored
juice from 1/2 a lemon
1/2 cup condensed milk
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp maple syrup

Put the nectarines, apple, and lemon juice into a food processor or blender and blend until no big chunks are left. Strain through a cheesecloth if desired.

Mix in the condensed milk, cinnamon, and maple syrup and taste. If it's too sour, add in a tablespoon or two more of either condensed milk or maple syrup.

Pour into 4 popsicle molds.

Freeze until solid.

July 20, 2015 at 4:06 pm says

What a lovely and healthy dessert idea! I could definitely chow down on one (or two!) of these in this hot summer weather. I don’t blame you for staying inside…plus where else is better than inside with one of these? :)

July 27, 2015 at 8:20 am says

Hahahahaa thanks Beeta! πŸ˜€

2. Hannah | The Swirling Spoon on

July 22, 2015 at 10:56 pm says

Yo’ popsicle game = strong. These are inviting me with their meltiness! I don’t see anything wrong with the colour?! Pinky deliciousness is all I see! I’ve seen so many popsicle posts lately that I am starting to feel overwhelmed with popsicle ideas and have a strong desire to make some, even though it’s not summer here!

July 27, 2015 at 8:22 am says

It does look pink doesn’t it? πŸ˜€
      I’ve always found it interesting that the other half of the world has completely the opposite seasons :) Thank you Hannah!

3. Sabrina on

July 29, 2015 at 9:40 pm says

These sound delicious!!

August 1, 2015 at 8:52 pm says

Thank you! They are delicious πŸ˜€

4. Josefine Tvermoes Meineche on

July 30, 2015 at 6:06 am says

Wow, these popsicles look soooo delicious! I’m currently in Italy and it’s almost 40Β° C right now – I could so eat such one. yummy…..

August 1, 2015 at 8:54 pm says

Wow that’s really hot! It hasn’t been that hot here -well, at least as hot as where you are! Thank you Josefine!!!
      (p.s. I’m totally jealous that you’re in Italy…)

5. Therese on

August 11, 2015 at 2:52 am says

Wow, these look divine! I would eat the whole bunch in a second- no mindful eating necessary πŸ˜€ Love your blog, so grateful that you popped by mine to leave a comment so I discovered yours :)

August 11, 2015 at 2:10 pm says

Hahaha it’s basically fruit anyways so healthy eating right? Thank you Therese! Your blog is pretty awesome too <3

6. Alison @Food by Mars on

August 15, 2015 at 6:58 am says

Huh!! These look delicious, lovely flavor combo! I must try, but will sub in coconut milk since I’m lactose intolerant. LOVELY!

August 15, 2015 at 7:46 pm says

Ohhhh that would definitely taste soooo good. I mean apple + nectarine + COCONUT?!!! do ehttt and tell me how it comes out!!! πŸ˜€