Search

mango raspberry ice cream-15

No Churn Mango Raspberry Frozen Yogurt with Honeycomb

June 14, 2015 | 30 comments

Back when I still went outside and homework + the internet hadn’t stolen half of my life, the summer was for running around with friends in the playground with hair stuck to our faces. This one friend’s grandma (who was AWESOME btws), would always take me with them to a large zoo area with playgrounds and we would spend the day sliding down burning hot slides. Oh and we went to the zoo. But mostly the playground.

mango froyo-2

mango raspberry ice cream

And this playground, let me tell ya. It was like a kid’s heaven. I mean, there were slides, those turny thingys, climbable ropey walls, ohhhh and did I mention slides? Of course, in the heat of the summer (we’re talking 95-100 F guys), everything was burning hot. I don’t know how we survived but somehow, we NEVER noticed the sun.

mango raspberry ice cream-2

mango raspberry ice cream-12

Neither did most of the other kids apparently, since the playground was FULL of us, climbing and running like ants in an anthill. Of course, an ice cream truck always came around, singing a catchy tune and luring us to get ice cream. Those summer days were full of running and sticky faces.

mango froyo

mango froyo-3

There was this type of ice cream called “superman” (i think it still exists), that was basically vanilla with lots of bright colors that would turn our mouths blue. Of course, every time at least one of us couldn’t resist the temptation of getting something so bright that we absolutely had to get it one more time.

Although this ice cream is quite a bit healthier (i mean, it contains no cream!), but it’s just as bright (naturally!) and refreshing. A huge plus is that it also has flavors that make it absolutely amazing. I mean, mango? raspberry? and HONEYCOMB CANDY???? Um, I will take ALL of that thx so much!

mango froyo-2

mango raspberry ice cream-14

Oh and if you skip the candy or just buy a few bars of candy, you don’t even have to turn on the stove in this heat! It’s freaking simple, throw everything into a bowl, mix and freeze. Oh did I mention it’s no churn? And contains yogurt? πŸ˜€

mango froyo

-You can use already made honeycomb candy. I think this recipe makes about 1 cup of candy. You don’t have to use all of it if you don’t want to. However, I don’t suggest making it in a batch smaller than the size stated since the sugar will burn more easily. The candy is great for snacking so I wouldn’t worry about making too much!
-I mixed in whole strawberries, but you can also mash those and swirl it in.
-If you use full fat greek yogurt, it’ll be more creamy. Ditto for the condensed milk.
-Honeycomb recipe adapted from here.
-No churn froyo idea from here.

No Churn Mango Raspberry Frozen Yogurt with Honeycomb
For the honeycomb candy
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp water
3/4 tsp baking soda
For the ice cream
3 large mangoes
Juice from 3 key limes (1 reg lime)
3/4 cup condensed milk
1 cup plain greek yogurt
1/2 cup raspberries

To make the honeycomb candy, line a baking sheet with parchment paper and combine the maple syrup, sugar, and water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the baking soda when the mixture reaches 300 F or until a little bit of the liquid dropped into cold water forms a hard ball.

Mix in the baking soda and then quickly pour it onto the prepared pan. Quickly sprinkle with salt :D and let it cool. Break into small pieces.

Cut the meat out of the 3 mangoes and blend/smash them into a pulp (I used a food processor).

Add in the lime juice, condensed milk and the raspberries. Fold in the broken honeycomb candy.

Mix well and pour into a container to freeze overnight or at least 6 hours.

June 15, 2015 at 8:01 am says

Rien de mieux qu’une dΓ©licieuse glace pour donner la bienvenue Γ  l’Γ©tΓ© ! TrΓ¨s belles photos !

June 15, 2015 at 5:13 pm says

Je te suis! Merci Eva! πŸ˜€

2. Sam @ SugarSpunRun on

June 15, 2015 at 10:11 am says

This frozen yogurt is absolutely beautiful! Your photographs are always amazing! Such a neat recipe :)

June 15, 2015 at 5:13 pm says

Thank you Sam!

3. Eva @ Eva Bakes on

June 15, 2015 at 12:05 pm says

This looks great and perfect for summer. I can’t get enough ice cream recipes and love that you used honeycomb in this. I just made a “hokey pokey” ice cream that contains honeycomb, so I am loving your version with the fruit! :)

June 15, 2015 at 5:14 pm says

Hahahha yes! Except I have to say that cooking sugar on the stove is not a very favorable thing to do on a hot summer day. It only took 5 min so it went well.
      Fruit is awesome… Espesh in ice cream.

June 15, 2015 at 1:45 pm says

Ooh I remember superman ice cream! That stuff was amazing! This mango raspberry fro-yo looks positively delicious. I’m a big fan of mangoes, so I already know I would love the flavor of this fro-yo. The addition of the honeycomb candy just puts this fro-yo over-the-top in the most spectacular way! I must try this recipe this summer πŸ˜€ Beautiful photos too, Anne!

June 15, 2015 at 5:15 pm says

Is… It’s still here and my bro still eats it with vigor. πŸ˜‰
      Thank you Beeta!!! No doubt you’ll have to tell me how it comes out to be! πŸ˜€

5. Chrissy on

June 15, 2015 at 8:34 pm says

I LOVE honeycomb candy! This is so pretty and fun and summery!

June 17, 2015 at 7:52 pm says

Thank you!

6. Joanne on

June 16, 2015 at 6:53 am says

NO CREAM ICE CREAM?! I am amazed. And in love with the fact that this is made of mostly mangoes – my favorite!

June 17, 2015 at 7:53 pm says

Hahahaa the cream is saved for something coming a bit later…

7. Ben Maclain | Havocinthekitchen on

June 16, 2015 at 8:02 pm says

I do love mango, and I make mango ice cream quite often. Occasionally I add some raspberries as well – they work great together! Plus, this additional twist of honeycomb candy sounds just amazing! I mean, count me on:) Nicely done, Anne!

June 17, 2015 at 7:54 pm says

It’s great that it’s season for both of them so they’re nice and ripe (and cheaper…). Thank you Ben! πŸ˜€

8. Hannah | The Swirling Spoon on

June 17, 2015 at 9:41 pm says

So I’m pretty cold right now but I would still eat a large amount of this if it was put in front of me right now >_>. So many delicious things going on here: it’s refreshing (mangoes and raspberries!) and fancy at the same time (homemade honeycomb!?)! Frozen yoghurt made with beautiful fresh mangoes is one of the best things to eat in summer!

June 19, 2015 at 11:01 pm says

Hahahaha yassssss!!! Ice cream on a hot summer day is the best thing ever.
      Thank you so much Hannah! πŸ˜€

9. Maureen | Orgasmic Chef on

June 18, 2015 at 5:35 am says

Oh what a wonderful dessert. I love honeycomb and raspberries are one of my favorite berries and ice cream is always a treat!

June 19, 2015 at 11:02 pm says

Thank you!

10. lindsay on

June 18, 2015 at 6:06 pm says

haha now you have me on a search for this superman flavor! or i’ll just come visit you, ok?

June 19, 2015 at 8:57 pm says

Hahaaaa people say it’s a flavor, but it really just tastes like sweetened cream… I dunno. :/

11. Courtney | Fork to Belly on

June 18, 2015 at 7:03 pm says

Oh these just look SO refreshing! Ice cream is seriously the best way to end a hot summer day. I totally have those same childhood memories of how glorious it was to enjoy a cold ice cream in the heat :)

June 19, 2015 at 8:58 pm says

Thank you Courtney! Those childhood memories are the behst!

12. Pang @circahappy on

June 19, 2015 at 10:18 am says

I love any ice cream that doesn’t require ice cream maker, and this one is no exception. The combination is so yummy, and it looks delicious.
    When San Francisco is a bit warmer, I really need to try your recipe :)

By the way, I love those days without internet, too. Summer with only friends to play outside with, ice cream, and children lit book.. ahhhh sweet memories :)

June 19, 2015 at 9:00 pm says

Ug such lovely memories… Now, there’s actually stuff to do during the summer. What has this world turned into?? πŸ˜€
      Me too! Partially because I don’t have an ice cream maker and partially because there’s less dishes! Thank you Pang!

13. Amanda on

June 20, 2015 at 4:13 pm says

I LOVE the idea of making your own honeycomb candy! And it looks amazing! Almost too pretty to eat, but I’d still eat it anyway. :)

June 21, 2015 at 9:22 pm says

Hahaha thanks Amanda! πŸ˜€

14. Lauren @ Lauren Caris Cooks on

June 22, 2015 at 10:53 am says

This is beautiful and I love those cute little cups you have the ice cream served in! I can’t actually justify buying *another* piece of kitchen equipment right now (ahem, an ice cream maker) so this no church is perfect!! I adore mangoes so this is on my list to try! Also thank you for visiting my blog and your lovely comment <3

June 22, 2015 at 2:20 pm says

Thank you for this sweet comment! πŸ˜€
      No churn is my fave too because 1) no ice cream maker here 2) less dishes to wash πŸ˜€

15. mjskit on

June 22, 2015 at 3:44 pm says

What a fantastic frozen yogurt! With the honey comb candy it reminds me of a toffee ice cream – cold, creamy and crunchy – my favorite type!

June 23, 2015 at 7:12 am says

Omg now I’m thinking I need to find that type of ice cream and devour it asap! ;D