Search

IMG_1978

Marbled Brownie/Blondie Cookies

April 26, 2015 | 12 comments

Do I ever make anything typical??? Well, these were going to be chocolate chip cookies… But um… How do I say this… I didn’t want to make chocolate chip cookies.

For one, there’s like 2 million recipes of them on the internet so why add to them?
Also, I find chocolate chip cookies only good with enough (and good) chocolate. I didn’t feel like going out and buying a baking bar.
Oh and I didn’t feel like making chocolate chip cookies.

IMG_1989

IMG_2032

At my school we have orchestra preformances termed “cookie concerts,” meaning you really should bring cookies and then stuff your face full of other cookies that people brought because you didn’t eat dinner. There’s always 2 dozen selections of chocolate cookies. I don’t want to be normal. Instead, I’m bringing these interesting, swirly, marbley cookies. Oh and did I mention that they’re made of brownie/blondie batter??

IMG_2027

IMG_1997
IMG_1975

These are flavorful all throughout (because of the long rest in the refrigerator and the browned butter), crusty and crunchy on the edges while so soft and chewy in the middle! Don’t hold me accountable if you eat too many.

-To make these pretzelly, crush some pretzels and roll the unrefrigerated batter into it. Press a whole pretzel on top to decorate.
-I like sprinkling the regular ones with sea salt.
-I also like to press on about 1/2 cup of chocolate chips to the scooped dough.

Marbled Brownie/Blondie Cookies
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
2 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa

Melt the butter in a saucepan and cook until browned and smells nutty. Distribute it evenly between two large bowls. In one bowl, make the brownie part by adding in the chocolate chips. Stir until smooth.

Beat the eggs and distribute it between the two bowls. Mix and add the rest of the ingredients in each part to the corresponding bowl.

Both should be batter-like with the brownie one a bit more solid. Pour the brownie mixture into the blondie mixture. Fold a few times (I found 3 times to be sufficient).

Scoop into parchment lined baking sheets. Refrigerate for 12-72 hours.

Preheat the oven to 375 F and bake the cookies for 8-12 minutes.

April 26, 2015 at 9:40 pm says

Me too!!!

April 27, 2015 at 11:39 am says

Tu as raison, il y a plein des recettes des cookies partout mais le tiennes pareil extra !! Des très jolies photos!!

May 3, 2015 at 6:38 pm says

Merci!

2. Heather (Delicious Not Gorgeous) on

April 30, 2015 at 3:49 pm says

definitely with you on the not wanting to make chocolate chip cookies- it’s more fun to do interesting things. i was never in orchestra (just choir for a year in high school) but dang, i’m wishing we had cookie concerts.

May 3, 2015 at 6:23 pm says

They’re the best! 😀 Since I usually don’t have time to eat dinner, scarfing down (way) too many cookies is basically my makeshift dinner.

3. Matea on

May 2, 2015 at 8:54 pm says

I love the brownie-cookie mix! Pretzels would add such a nice salty flavor to it :)

May 3, 2015 at 6:24 pm says

Oh yes!!! They’re great with pretzels!

4. Erika on

July 29, 2017 at 6:40 pm says

Hi Anne! Love your recipes!! I’m a fan. I made these cookies and they are delicious! Can’t stop eating them. However they came out too ‘perfect’, I mean they are round and have no bumps or imperfections but I love the way your cookies look, not too perfect. Any advice to achieve that artisan look?

August 7, 2017 at 10:23 pm says

Hi Erika! Sorry for the late reply, I’m just now getting around to checking the comments (insert guilty face here..)
      Lolll I think I know what you mean when you say they come out too round. I think It really helps if the dough is slightly on the stiffer side – try adding 2-3 additional tbsp of flour – to make the dough less likely to melt down smooth. My cookies aren’t round because I’m too cheap to buy one of those ice cream scoop things so I use regular spoons lol. Maybe you could try that?
      Hope that helps! Let me know how they turn out if you make them again 😉

• Erika on

August 13, 2017 at 12:28 am says

Thank you so much for the advice, I’ll try the additional flour because I already tried using regular spoons instead of the ice cream one and even pushed them a little to make them as messy as I could but everytime they would come out round and smooth 😒
        Btw love your recipes, I’ve tried many of them (babka, breads, cookies) and everything was delicious!