banana pancakes-10

Banana Pancakes {vegan, gluten free}

January 25, 2015 | 11 comments

The stress of second semester is really starting to kick in. I figuratively fall over the piles of books and papers for projects and homework and when the reality of high school starts to dawn on me, I want to crawl into a hole and hide.

I feel like I’m on the edge of a cliff, tottering and faltering, and hanging to the last strand keeping me upright.

banana pancakes-9

banana pancakes

At times like this, it’s really enjoyable to go into the kitchen and let all the stress fall off. Of course, I could just have a breakdown instead, but I’d prefer to keep my mental health intact, thank you very much.

banana-pancakes
{↑ GIF!!! It’s amazing, if I do say so myself.}

So naturally, I made pancakes! Of course, you do have to stand there flipping them for a while, but when you’re finished, you get rewarded with a stack of fluffy, syrupy pancakes!

banana pancakes-2

-Use gluten free oats if you want these gluten free.
-Don’t use animal milk if you want these vegan.

Banana Pancakes
1 cup oats
1 bananas
1/4 cup milk {cow, almond, rice, water, etc.}
1 tbsp oil
¼ tsp salt
¼ tsp cinnamon
½ tsp vanilla
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp baking powder

Grind the oats in a food processor until floury. Add in a ripe banana and blend until there are no banana lumps. Add in the rest of the ingredients.

Brush the pan with some butter and drop small spoonfuls onto the hot pan. Cook until the pancakes have bubbles on the top. Flip and cook until golden.

Serve with fruit, maple syrup, and/or powdered sugar.

February 15, 2015 at 3:26 am says

Pancakes !! C’est toujours parfait pour les petits déjeuners ! J’adore l’idée de mixé le pure des bananes dedans la mixture des pancakes ! Normalement moi je met quelques petites tranches de banane par dessous mais il faut que j’essaie de cette manière ! x

February 22, 2015 at 1:45 pm says

Vraiment? J’ai essayé de faire des pancakes avec des petites tranches de banane par-dessous, mais je pensais qu’il est un peu dégoutant. 😛
      Oui, tu dois les faire !

2. Mel on

February 15, 2015 at 5:25 pm says

Your egg-free pancakes look yummy. I never manage to get my free from ones quite that thick and fluffy. Do you think I could substitute the flour for a free from blend?

February 22, 2015 at 1:52 pm says

Probably, but I’ve never tried it so I couldn’t give you any reliable suggestions. Sorry!
      Thanks, Mel!

3. Andreea on

June 19, 2015 at 2:40 am says

Oh my God! I`m extremelly hungry right now. And craving pancakes. Not good. Your pictures are amazing and veryyyyy enagaging!

June 19, 2015 at 8:58 pm says

Hahahaha thank you so much Andreea! Luckily, they’re really quick + easy to make! 😀

4. Emily Barry on

December 15, 2015 at 2:55 pm says

These look amazing! Can’t wait to try. Would you mind sharing how you get your gif to look so good?!?

December 15, 2015 at 4:13 pm says

Well, there’s really no secret… I just take a bunch of photos in quick succession and make them into a .gif using Photoshop. I might adjust the brightness a bit (like I do with most of my pictures), but other than that, there’s nothing else! 😉

5. sarah on

February 27, 2016 at 4:58 pm says

I never usually leave comments but just wanted to tell you that these were delicious! I made them this morning. I’ve been looking for a oat based vegan pancake recipe. I’ve tried a bunch already with no success. These were perfect! Thanks!

March 21, 2016 at 6:43 pm says

Welcome fellow lurker 😀 -I lurk a lot on other blogs 😉 . I’m so glad you enjoyed the recipe and thanks so much for the feedback!

6. Maureen on

October 27, 2016 at 10:24 am says

I came home from a night shift determined to make these. Good news! Even if you forget the milk they still taste amazing. This is an awesome recipe my husband and 2 year old loved it!